Monday, May 7, 2012

What a Mess!

My pool area is a mess.

And yet, we did the right things. We had all the weeds removed, landscape fabric put down, and several inches of mulch over that. We had four tasteful whiskey barrels, and felt the woods should stay on it's side of the fence. As Oscar the Grouch would say, Ding dong, you're wrong! Weeds everywhere, thriving in all conditions.


Since keeping plants out was impossible, I decided to start a new project, to add to the 20 or 30 other projects I am currently involved in. I am planting all the most prolific of my perennials, hoping they will fill in as well as the weeds have. I also figured since the pool is in the sunniest spot in the yard, all the vegetables, not just a couple of tomatoes should live there. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment