Thursday, February 3, 2011

February-Winter is Passing

The sun came out today, after the latest two day winter storm. The sun feels warmer than it did a week or so ago, and it is higher in the sky. At 5 PM I am still working by natural light. And best of all, I just took the dog out, and heard birds! Isn't there some February legend about St. Valentine and birds mating? I mean birds mating in February, not birds mating with St. Valentine.

All this snow will protect the garden like a blanket, providing plenty of moisture as well. In a few weeks we'll have a thaw, and I bet I'll find a viola ready to start blooming. Then snow drops, crocuses, daffodils, spring will come rushing through the garden with all its heady colors and scents.
Just thinking about it will help me through the next snow, forecast for the day after tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment